Friday, August 4, 2017

The best things happen when you're least prepared for them...

The family is on vacation but I've heard some good news:  The engine and transmission are progressing quite nicely.  I was hoping to have time to swing by the shop and check out the engine but the schedule just doesn't seem to allow it.  I'll also be going into full blown work mode right after the vacation so it might be a bit before I can get back to working on the car again.

I sent both tachometers to Palo Alto Speedometer before the vacation began - they called to tell me that both tachs were internally failing.  I authorized the rebuild of both with new circuit boards, and potentially, new trim rings - I'm waiting to hear back about the status of the rebuilds.  The timing for installation would be great if they're back in the next couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to some down time to work on the engine/transmission installation and maybe drive the car again...seems like I've been saying something like this all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment